“Will You Listen?”


 So many-in fact the majority of- social media interactions I have seen on the topics of gender equality in marriage and abuse:

Woman: I believe in equality. 

Man: No. Rebellious feminist! (Insert many Bible references out of context)

Woman: I have been abused. These are the implications of this teaching.

Man: Because you didn’t submit and are rebellious.

Woman: I just want to be treated as an equal.

Man: No can do because…Bible… (again out of context). I get to rule over you and if you don’t like it you are rebellious and an evil feminist and hate God and His word.

Woman: But the Bible says _______. What about these passages? 

Man: {ignores the passages and once again lists the same 4 verses without commentary} 

Woman: Once again, what about _____ passages? And ____ examples? And my experience and that of my children and others I know and love?

Man: There is no abuse, there is only insubordination and rebellion. Stop your slander and feminist victim mentality.  {starts name calling and using demeaning language telling woman to go back to the kitchen, sit and shut up}

Woman: I just want to be heard and acknowledged and understood. I and my sisters in Christ are hurting deeply.

Man: {continues tantrum, running with hands on ears screaming incoherently… you can barely make out “1Tim. 2:12” and something about not learning from a woman} 

Other men and women join in and all begin gaslighting and demeaning woman. 

Repeat into infinity.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s Warm, So Men……

Beware the leaven of the Pharisees

Part 1: Control and Entitlement- Harmful Evangelical Materials