To The Woman Who Feels Unseen...

image by Sofikul7531

by Jennifer Moodie
10/17/2022

To the dear, precious, beloved sister who feels unseen.

I see you. 


To the woman who is called “super-mom” when really she needs a partner,

I see you. 


To the woman who’s husband‘s arms aren’t a safe place, but rather a place of anxiety and dread,

I see you. 


To the woman who’s husband doesn’t hit you, but he hurts you often in a way far worse than you ever imagined,

I see you. 


To the woman with post-partum depression who feels like you’re drowning and can’t reach the surface, 

I see you. 


To the woman who has sex out of fear, obligation, and duty rather than love, 

I see you. 


To the woman who is told “your body is not your own but belongs to your husband to be used whenever and however he sees fit”,

I see you.


To the woman who has been objectified in every way by men and women who are supposed to be your brothers and sisters in Christ, and from the man who vowed to cherish and love you, 

I see you. 


To the woman who’s husband says he loves you but who’s actions make you question,

I see you.


To the woman who feels that God is so far away,

I see you. 


To the woman who does the job of 10 and yet is unseen because it is simply your “role”, and who has no help because it isn’t his “role”,

I see you. 


To the woman who has been told your sole purpose for living is to have babies, raise them, and be a helpmeet to and support your husband in whatever endeavors he pursues,

I see you.


To the woman who doesn’t feel cherished, valued, or seen,

I see you. 


To the woman who’s husband has broken their marriage vows in one or more ways,

I see you. 


To the woman who stays out of fear or obligation, 

I see you. 


To the woman who feels crazy and doesn’t know how much more you can take,

I see you. 


To the woman who feels lonely,

I see you. 


To the woman who is told not to speak poorly of your husband, so you hide the pain and hurt in an effort to appear submissive, 

I see you.


To the woman who stays “for the kids” so they don’t have a “broken home”, while enduring a loveless and painful marriage, 

I see you. 


To the woman who is told you are only worth what you provide the man, and if you don’t provide it right he will leave,

I see you. 


To the woman who is told her body is a commodity, to be hidden before marriage and then bared and used often to stay married, 

I see you.


To the woman who is told your needs aren’t as important as the man’s, and that you only need protection/provided for and he needs sex, 

I see you. 


To the woman who is told your happiness doesn’t matter, only your holiness, 

I see you. 


And God sees you.


Psalms 9:12b

…he does not forget the cry of the oppressed.


Psalms 34:18

The LORD is near the brokenhearted;

he saves those crushed in spirit.


Psalms 147:3

He heals the brokenhearted

and bandages their wounds.


Psalms 9:9

The LORD is a refuge for the persecuted,

a refuge in times of trouble.


Psalms 59:16-17

But I will sing of your strength

and will joyfully proclaim

your faithful love in the morning.

For you have been a stronghold for me,

a refuge in my day of trouble.

To you, my strength, I sing praises,

because God is my stronghold —

my faithful God.


Matthew 11:28-30

“Come to me, all of you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, because I am lowly and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”


Psalms 118:1-9

Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good;

his faithful love endures forever.

Let Israel say,

“His faithful love endures forever.”

Let the house of Aaron say,

“His faithful love endures forever.”

Let those who fear the LORD say,

“His faithful love endures forever.”

I called to the LORD in distress;

the LORD answered me

and put me in a spacious place.

The LORD is for me; I will not be afraid.

What can a mere mortal do to me?

The LORD is my helper;

therefore, I will look in triumph on those who hate me.

It is better to take refuge in the LORD

than to trust in humanity.

It is better to take refuge in the LORD

than to trust in nobles.


Psalms 28:6-7

Blessed be the LORD,

for he has heard the sound of my pleading.

The LORD is my strength and my shield;

my heart trusts in him, and I am helped.

Therefore my heart celebrates,

and I give thanks to him with my song.


Ps. 31.


John 16:33

I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace. You will have suffering in this world. Be courageous! I have conquered the world.”


Isaiah 53:3-5

He was despised and rejected by men,

a man of suffering who knew what sickness was.

He was like someone people turned away from;

he was despised, and we didn’t value him.

Yet he himself bore our sicknesses,

and he carried our pains;

but we in turn regarded him stricken,

struck down by God, and afflicted.

But he was pierced because of our rebellion,

crushed because of our iniquities;

punishment for our peace was on him,

and we are healed by his wounds.


Psalms 18:6

I called to the LORD in my distress,

and I cried to my God for help.

From his temple he heard my voice,

and my cry to him reached his ears.


The gospel gives hope. 


Jesus sees you. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Barbie Movie and My Identity Crisis

A Tribute To A Man I Never Met

It’s Warm, So Men……